Starting from the initial phases, special attention is focused on choosing the most suitable and highly performing materials. The know-how of the team of experts, plus the constant research and development effort, make it possible to find the most suitable solution for customer requirements, always with an eye to emerging products and on those with a low environmental impact.
DMC and Cobrax Metal Hub, in particular, specialise in the following processes:
– Brass: thanks to its resistance and malleability, it is traditionally the most widely used material in the sector of accessories. From the brass rod to the finished piece, all processing phases of this material take place inside the two plants.
– Zamak: this alloy made of zinc, aluminium, magnesium and copper, stands out because of its exceptional ductility, which makes it easy to process, whilst maintaining its strength and resistance. For this reason, Zamak is ideal to produce several types of items, from small technical components, to buckles.
- Aluminium: this material is lightweight, ductile and malleable, as well as resistant to corrosion; therefore it is recommended as a choice for applications in the leatherware sector.
– Stainless steel: it is particularly resistant to oxidising and corrosion, as well as having a smart appearance: stainless steel is one of the most appreciated materials in the sector of accessories for the luxury world.
- Polymeric materials and plastics: they are characterised by technical features – including high thermal, electric, chemical strength, resistance to wear and tear – plus physical elements, such as being lightweight and easy to process.
The Cobrax Metal Hub and DMC range is completed by other materials, for example iron, silver, titanium and copper.